So you want to pack on a bit of muscle, you have been training for a while now and not seen any progress, here are 5 key reason why:
- You train too long! Building muscle in the gym doesn’t require huge long session, it requires the correct exercises and the number of reps and sets. If you are training for more than an hour each time you go to the gym then the chance are that your muscle are being over trained.
- Your training plan hasn’t changed. When training, your body need to be in a state of shock to see results. If you have been doing the same workout for 8 or more weeks, your body will have adapted to the session and results will begin to decline. E.g hitting a plateau.
- You don’t eat enough. Building muscle require a lot of calories, and I mean a lot. Breakfast, lunch & dinner with a few snacks isn’t going to cut it. You will need to be feeding your body every 3-4 hours during the day to aid muscle repair and growth.
- Not enough quality sleep. Your body doesn’t grow in the gym, it grows when you sleep. The more quality sleep you have the better and faster you will begin to see results. No more late nights & no more electronics in the bedroom.
- Are you working hard enough? The most common muscle building system out there is the 12 count, the lifting a weight 12 times. This is the most tested and proven system to work, but you need to be doing it correctly. Simply doing 12 reps easy won’t lead to results, your 11th rep should be nearly impossible and the 12th rep impossible.