Friday Night is Curry night and there is no better way than making your own healthy Curry,
In a large pan, heat the cumin seeds gently for 30-45 seconds, until you can smell them roasting. Add the ghee and heat until melted, then add the onions. Cook on a medium heat until softened.
Stir in the garlic, ginger and chillis. Cook for one minute. Add the beef/Quorn and cook for two minutes. Add the spices, rock salt and curry leaves. Stir well, then add the tomatoes, and water and simmer for 1 hour. Add more water if necessary. Cook for 1 hour over a medium heat.
Meanwhile place the rice in a large saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil (or follow the Cauli Rice recipe if using). Simmer the rice gently until cooked and drain well. Serve the curry on a bed of rice and garnish with coriander.
Suggestion: Swap the rice with Cauli Rice and reduce the carbs per serving by 22g. Recipe on page 63 of the Food for Body Transformation Recipe Book
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds,
- 2 tbsps ghee,
- 5 medium sized white,
- Onions, finely diced,
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped,
- 2 tbsps fresh ginger, peeled, and finely chopped,
- Handful green finger chillis, finely chopped,
- 600g extra lean beef, diced/low fat Quorn mince*,
- 2 tbsps ground turmeric,
- 1 tbsp garam masala,
- 1 tbsp meat masala,
- 1 tbsp rock salt,
- handful curry leaves (optional),
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes,
- 50ml cold fresh water,
- Fresh coriander, chopped,
- 60g per person uncooked basmati rice OR 30g per person uncooked basmati rice plus
For many more delicious recipes, head over to Food for Body Transformation Recipe Book